Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

Jules Rating: 5 stars

Halfway to the Grave is Book #1 of the Night Huntress Series. Cat is a half vampire from a small town in Ohio and is an outcast due to her mother having her out of wedlock. Cat starts killing vampires becasue of what they did to her mother and to find and kill her father. Cat ends up trying to kill a master vampire named Bones, who ends up striking a deal with her, to train her and help her find her father. In the process they uncover a vampire feeding ring, that is kidnapping young woman and selling them for food to other vampires at a very high price.
Cat is not always a charter you always like, but I love that about her.She is very sarcastic and cutting and funny, very kick ass. My favorite quote from her to Bones is "I'm saying that I'm moody, insecure,narwow-minded, jealous, borderline homicidal bitch, and I want you to promise me that you're okay with that because its who I am, and you're what I need."
Bones is very old and powerful and sexy...and Brittish with that lovely dry, cutting Brittish humour. My favorite quote from him to Cat is " You're not a woman" he said finally. " You're the Grim Reaper with Red Hair".
I could not put this book down, it was a very fast read, with lots of great action, laugh out loud comments, sexy, great character and very well written. Plus a cliffhanger of an ending, that I still can't believe what Cat has done..... I cant wait to get started on book #2 One foot in the Grave.

~Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment